Sunday, January 24, 2010

...Olympic Size Music Lineup

Sorry for the lack of posts recently, Ive been...not blogging. Wanted to share my excitement for the event about to hit Vancouver. Not necessarily the Olympics, but the music that is coming with it. The list is huge and includes Malajube, Deep Dark Woods, The Arkells, Mother Mother, Dan Mangan, Said the Whale, Jill Barber, Constantines, Coeur de Pirate, Wil, Sam Roberts, etc. Highlights for me include the lineup of Tokyo Police Club, Hey Rosetta and Wintersleep all in the same night. In addition, I have purchased tickets for a Belle Orchestre show which should be a couple hours of instrumental genius on stage. This band boasts some musical heavyweights with Arcade Fire members (who are geared up for a HUGE year with their HUGELY anticipated follow up to Neon Bible) and Mike Feuerstack (who I mentioned in the Snailhouse post below). Unfortunately, the Orchestre show occurs on the same night as a Neil Young tribute with all kinds of musical draws (including Land of Talk, Sun Kil Moon, Jason Collett, etc.). This seems like an event which someone would not want to miss but with a ticket price of 60 and up, this unemployed fella will not be going. I hope to see a lot of music during the games and although I dont have a media pass to report on the games, I'll give you an update on the good sounds.
Some other news of interest, I saw that Land of Talks video for Its Okay landed on Time magazines Top 5 music videos of 2009. This is the video I posted below, only days after it had been released, so dont say Ive never handed you anything of noteworthy value.

No comments:

Post a Comment