Monday, May 30, 2011

Jenny and Johnny at the The Venue

These two combined to start making music together after being a couple and touring separately. Johnathan Rice was born in Virginia but has slight Scottish accent due to spending most of his childhood there. His Further North album is one of my favorites. He plays a type of folk/country/rock which Ive always quite enjoyed. Jenny Lewis is from Cali, and was the lead singer of indie-pop band Rilo Kiley, whose album Under the Blacklight is also one of my favorites in my record collection. So when these two combined i knew I would love their stuff. Why I hadnt bought their album before going to see them last night is beyond understandable. They make an amazing partnership, two of the best voices you'll hear, and the success of the combination is no surprise because they helped each other out on previous records with great success. Solid entertainment all around, and the night was capped by an amazing rendition of Jenny's Rilo Kiley song 'Silver Lining'. I forgot to bring my camera but i found the below on youtube, I did take some pics and maybe I will post those later. I think the rendition last night was even better than the youtube one with just Johnny on guitar and Jenny singing (or maybe I was just so caught up in it I thought it was sublime).

No comments:

Post a Comment